Wednesday, April 25, 2007

An experience I will never forget....

When I was a little girl in China, I went to kindergarten to begin school. After a month or two, our teacher told us, "Today we are taking a test." Then, the teacher gave us the test paper. I wrote my answer for a little while. I saw the teacher write the correct answer on the blackboard in the back of the room. After that, the teacher went out of the room. I immediately took my test paper, went to the back of the room and copied the answer down. I thought I was a very smart little girl. No one followed my example--they just kept taking their test. I tried to work quickly but suddenly my teacher came in. She told me, "You can go home right now and tommow I will give you an egg." So, I thought she was happy with me and I was very happy go home early. When I got home my father asked me what happened, "Why did you come home early today?" I enjoyed telling my father what I did on the test and that the teacher said she would give me an egg tomorrow. My father was angry but he laughed too. He explained to me that I had cheated and that I was in trouble and that an egg meant a "zero." I've remembered this story my whole life...

1 comment:

Ned C. Gardner said...

Yes, life lessons...they are important to remember. Are there any other major life lessons you remember being taught by your father?

Ned